When using large projects (several hundreds of windows for example), to optimize the time used to load the project in the editor, you have the ability to divide the project into:
- a main project of "Executable" or "Site" type.
- one or more projects of "Library" type. Each "Library" project groups the project elements associated with a theme.
The main project is used to create the main library. This library is created when creating the executable. This library contains the elements specific to the project: analysis, project, ... The main library cannot be shared among several projects. It is unique for each project.
The "Library" projects are used to create the secondary libraries of the application, grouping the application elements by theme.
For example, a project for business management groups several hundreds of windows and reports. To optimize its loading in the editor, this project is divided into:
- a main project. This project creates the main library and uses the secondary libraries.
- a "Customer management" project. This project is used to create a secondary library.
- an "Order management" project. This project is used to create a secondary library.
See Use several libraries for more details.Note
: To share resources among applications or sites, we recommend that you use the external or internal components. They are very easy to use. For more details, see: