The 9-image mode consists in dividing the background image into 9 areas.
For each area, you can define whether the section of the image corresponding to the area must be displayed or not: all you have to do is click the area to make it visible or invisible. If the image section is not displayed, it will be replaced by the background color of the window or control.
The margins are used to define the size of each area. You have the ability to enter the values of the different areas or to move the line corresponding to the margin.
When resizing the window, only the areas 2, 4, 6, 8 and 5 are resized to occupy the entire space:
The 9-image mode is used to manage the operating mode of each area when the window is resized. For each area, the image will be enlarged:
- By repeating the image that constitutes the area
- By stretching the image that constitutes the area
In the window for configuring the 9-image mode:
- The "Width mode" option is used to manage the resize operation for the areas 2 and 8 (Top area and Bottom area)
- The "Height mode" option is used to manage the resize operation for the areas 4 and 6 (Left area and Right area)
- The "Center mode" option is used to manage the resize operation for the area 5 (Center area)