Characteristics and operating mode of buttons with arrow
Positioning of the arrow
According to the size, to the position of the caption in the button and to the presence of an icon in the button, the arrow can be positioned on the right of the button or below the button.
Button with arrow with opening of a popup window
If your button must open a window, we recommend that you use a window:
- without title
- without menu
- of reduced size
- that uses a simple border.
Note: You have the ability to create a popup window directly ("Blank for popup" in the "Standard" tab of the wizard for window creation).
Button with distinct arrow that opens a menu and that stores the selecting option
When creating a button with distinct arrow that opens a menu, if "The click on the button will automatically run the last action selected via the arrow", the operating mode of the button will be as follows:
- during the first opening of the window containing the button, the caption of the button contains the first option of the popup menu (image associated with the option and caption of the option).
- when the user expands the popup menu and selects an option:
- the caption of the option and the associated image are automatically displayed in the button.
- the code of the selected option is run.
Note: if the menu option contains an image, WinDev automatically manages the different states on the image displayed in the button at run time.
Arrow button used in a Ribbon control
If a Button control is found in a grouping of a Ribbon control, the "GUI" tab of the Button control is used to configure the management mode of the button when the ribbon is reduced.
- avoid reducing the control.
- reduce it to display the image of the button and its caption.
- reduce it to display the image of the button.
The last two options are interesting for the buttons that display a specific icon and a caption.