- The quick access buttons
- Customizing the quick access buttons
- The panes
- Finding an option in the menu
- The options
WinDev, WebDev and WinDev Mobile present the different options of the editors via a ribbon. This ribbon includes panes in which the options of the editors are grouped.
The ribbon includes several areas:
- The area of quick access buttons.
- The pane area.
- The area of groups of options.
The quick access buttons are used to perform the most usual operations, common to all the editors: save, open, create, ...
The 3 buttons found at the top of this area are specific buttons:
- the logo of the version is used to display:
- the "About..." window.
- the custom-menus.
- the drop-down menus of earlier versions (version 17 and earlier).
- the 2 following pictograms are used to restore the menus and the toolbars found in the earlier versions (version 17 and earlier).
Customizing the quick access buttons
To customize the quick access buttons:
- Right-click in the area of quick access buttons.
- Select "Customize the quick access buttons". The following window is displayed:In this screen:
- The left section corresponds to the list of all the options available in the product.
- The right section corresponds to the 9 buttons of the quick access area.
- Only 9 buttons can be found in the quick access area. To add one or more buttons, some buttons must be deleted from this area. The arrow buttons are used to handle, remove or reposition the options.
- Validate. The modification is automatically taken into account.
The different panes of the ribbon are used to access the options of the different editors.
Several types of panes are available:
- the current pane: The pane tab appears in light gray and a colored line is displayed at the top of the tab.
- the popup panes, specific to the current element: These panes are related to the current editor or to the selected element. The name of the pane is displayed:
- in yellow for WinDev,
- in orange for WinDev Mobile,
- in blue for WebDev.
- the other available panes: The name of the pane appears in white.
Finding an option in the menu
You are searching for a specific option? Use the magnifier found in the bar of panes:
- Click the magnifier: a search control is enabled.
- As soon as a word is typed, the editor automatically proposes the possible options associated with this word. In the example below, the sought word is "table":
- Select one of the proposed answers and you will be immediately positioned on the menu options. These options are bordered by a yellow border on a light yellow background.
The options are grouped on the panes in groups of options.
The options displayed in the ribbon differ according to the selected pane.
Several types of options are available:
- Options to check.
- Buttons to click.
- Button with arrow used to expand the options. Two types of buttons with arrow are available:
- the buttons with arrow used to expand a menu.
- the buttons with arrow used either to expand a menu (click on the arrow), or to perform a default action (click on the button icon).
The options are organized by group. Each group of options has a name and it can also include a group button: . This button is used to perform a specific action according to the current group: display the description of the current element, display the help, ...