The Drag and Drop is used to transfer data between several controls with the mouse. This data can be moved between several controls found in the same application or in different applications.
You must distinguish between:
- The source, object containing the data to copy or to cut.
- The target, object into which the data must be copied.
To perform Drag and Drop:
- Selecting the data in the source with the mouse.
- Pressing the left mouse button and keeping it down while moving the data to the destination.
- Releasing the mouse button to validate the transfer of data.
To copy the data, keep the CTRL key down during the operation.